Jul 17, 2011

University of Utah School on Alcohol and other Drug Dependencies

Shayla and I work very closely together. I have learned soooo much from her and I am so thankful for her friendship. I couldn't ask for a better person to spend my day with.
Sally and Welby had a summer barbeque after getting back from Africa, and since they won't be around for the Christmas party because they are heading straight back on another mission to Uganda!
Welby and Raun
Cynthia is the secretary for the administrative office and was in a terrible motorcycle accident early in June. Thanks to a lot of miracles and prayers her and her husband Paul are okay, although it has been a very hard and long recovery process.
Eva Olson. Love her!
Farel and Lynette
Heather and Rhonda. I am so lucky to work with such great people and friends!
Lilliam, Shayla, Me, and Jan. Okay, we have officially named ourselves the Nashville Tribute Band groupies after attending their concert! It was so good and we had so much fun, except for Lilliam, I don't think it was her cup of tea.
My co-workers and friends Alan and Dawn

Lance, Mark, and Jolene. I spend more time with Shayla then any person in my life right now and I keep telling her we need to get a picture so the Shayla post is coming soon. :)



Yogurt samples. Root beer (no pun intended..I just noticed my heading) was the best!!


I was fortunate enough to attend U of U Conference again this year. This is some pictures of our extra curricular activities after the conference. Some of my favorites were taking a couple of my co-workers to an all you can eat sushi restaurant. It was so delicious! Lance and Cindy also took me to the Madeline Cathedral which was interesting and beautiful. Dawn, Jolene, Lance and I went on a bike ride up City Creek but got a late start and ended up coming down in the dark. I got going a little too fast and noticed Dawn coming up the trail. Thinking I had slowed down enough to stop, I didn't get unclipped and I tipped over hard. I bled pretty good but mostly hurt my pride. I regret not getting a picture of the capitol as we rode by in the dark. It was so beautiful. We also rode up immigration canyon and again ended up coming down in the dark. It is so much fun to be in the city, attend an amazing and informative conference and get to eat delicious food and go on bike rides. A great week! I am so lucky to work where I do.



Jolene, Lance, Me and Dawn


Lance and I made it to the top.


Joining in the Native American Friendship Circle.






Beautiful dancers and their costumes






A highlight of the conference is the picnic they have where they have the Native American Indians share their special dances.


University of Utah School on Alcoholism and other Drug Dependencies. I love this conference and always learn a lot of interesting things that helps my understanding with the people I work with everyday and also things that I can apply in my life. This is me with Jolene and Cindy. I rode up with Cindy this year and we got to spend a lot of time together and have some great talks. I really love Cindy and admire the kind of person she is. She is such a kind, giving and loving person.... and she makes me laugh like crazy! Thank goodness for "Martha" for helping us get around in the city and get used to the crazy tracks on 400th street.

2 comments:

Shayla D. said...

Gotta love the people we work with! I seriously feel so blessed to not only have a job, but a good one. And getting to work with our team? It's more like working with family. You know. The zaney, quirky kind of family. ;o) Love it!

Shayla D. said...

A Shayla post? You just be sure to WARN me so I can be purdied up for our picture! LOL