Oct 16, 2008

Pickling, Reading, and Baking

This is what I do in my spare time, besides camping and riding horses. I did a lot of pickles this year and Haddy and Jabin helped me make this peach pie. I had to hurry and finish the "vampire" books so I could read Scarlett (Gone with the Wind sequel) and watch the movie! They were both so good.
My kids fight over who gets to help me in the kitchen. I told Hadden she needs to get down and move the stool out of the kitchen and she climbed up again and said, "but mom what happens if you need some loves". She is such a little character.

12 comments:

Amberly said...

How do you find time to do all that??? You are amazing! Your daughter is so darling! What a cute little helper.

Rachael said...

Oh I want some pickles!!!! They look good!
That is a funny comment from Hadden! She is adorable!

Lisa said...

OK, so I think YOUR kids are the cutest ever! Hadden is so cute and you are so patient to let her help. I love to read too when I get some spare time so you will have to let me know what some good books are to read. I loved the Twilight series and am ready to read them again.

Anne said...

I am totally AMAZED at you! I don't know how you do it all. You are just like your mom....able to do anything and everything! The pie looks YUMMY! :O) I am so glad that Hadden likes to help you cook by giving you LOVES! That is SUPER cute! I would love to taste some of your pickles....I always remember Mrs. Park having pickles when we would have parties.

Totally amazed that you are working, canning, baking, riding, camping, and reading! I haven't read a book in like 2 years....I don't want to do anything except read! I would love to hear all of your secrets! :O)

Defa's said...

What a cute girl and who could turn her down after she says something that cute. I don't even like pickles and those look good.

*Jessica* said...

Oh, she is so cute, I miss you guys. I really wished we at least lived within a driving distance. Hope everythings going well, talk to you soon.

Brittney said...

You are amazing! I have never baked a pie in my life. I did bottle peaches and tomatoes this year for the first time but those pickles sound good! You have such a beautiful family and its so fun to see your blog! Your kids are adorable!

Ralaina said...

This was actually my first pie because I don't really like pie but I had fresh peaches so I tried it. It was a little soggy but looked nice in the picture don't you think ;) Pickles are so easy and my family loves them. I love to bake and cook but now that I am working I don't have much time for it so when I mentioned what I do in my spare time....that's not very often ;0)

"M" Clan said...

You are fantastic, such a hard worker, great mom, and you baked! And what a little lover Hadden is! I miss you guys, okay, I think we are going to Tropic for Turkey, what are you guys planning? xo

Cassie said...

What an amazing person you are you always have been, such a cute helper in the kitchen!!! Can't wait to see you at the wedding!

Elisha said...

Love your blog. Your kids are soooo gorgeous!!! Heard you finally sold your home in Vegas, so that's great news. Hope things are going well for you and your family.

Anne said...

Good Luck with your camera. My camera card is locked too. Technology can be so nice and so annoying all at the same time!