South Severe Bantum Wrestles. Jabin was a little nervous after the Beehive Brawl ended up being tougher then he expected. He did great though and took another first place. This is Matt congratulating Jabes and telling him how good he did after his match.
Its always easier to smile after a win. Good job Jabes!! Grandma and Grandpa Taylor, and Robyn and the kids all came to watch. We are all so proud of you and how hard you try.
Cub Scout Promise: I, Jabin, promise to do my best To do my duty to God and my country, To help other people, and to obey the Law of the Pack.

Jabin sees the Pine Wood Derby cars they are passing out for next Pack Meeting....Can't wait!

Dallas did a reading fund raiser and worked really hard on raising money and reading. I am not a fan of fund raisers so I was pretty proud of her to have raised what she did without much of my help. She was able to buy some books at the Book Fair. She chose an archaeologist book and even got to dig out her own dinosaur.
Dallas did a reading fund raiser and worked really hard on raising money and reading. I am not a fan of fund raisers so I was pretty proud of her to have raised what she did without much of my help. She was able to buy some books at the Book Fair. She chose an archaeologist book and even got to dig out her own dinosaur.
Dallas studied really hard for the school spelling bee this year and Matt was even able to come to see her. She was sooo nervous but did really well. She was down to the last 4 and got out on Biscotti. She was pretty upset but should be proud of how far she got. Dallas continues to amaze me with her smarts and tenacity.
We've Decided! Jabin's teacher, Mrs. Worthington, helps her students put on the cutest play demonstrating great values such as keeping their body's clean and free from drugs and alcohol, controlling their temper, and being kind. I thought Jabin did such a good job dancing. His teachers always say he is such a good singer and dancer.

Cool Jabes
I got home on a Wednesday night late, after young women's, and Matt got a call from our neighbor and friend, Jason Christensen. He said that their turkeys were late and that the truck should have been at his farm at 4:00 in the afternoon but still hadn't arrived. The truck was coming from Missouri and there had been storms and an accident that post poned them. It is really important that the turkeys aren't on the truck longer then necessary. Matt said that he would help. I told Matt that I would like to help too. We went to bed and waited for Jason's call.
I got home on a Wednesday night late, after young women's, and Matt got a call from our neighbor and friend, Jason Christensen. He said that their turkeys were late and that the truck should have been at his farm at 4:00 in the afternoon but still hadn't arrived. The truck was coming from Missouri and there had been storms and an accident that post poned them. It is really important that the turkeys aren't on the truck longer then necessary. Matt said that he would help. I told Matt that I would like to help too. We went to bed and waited for Jason's call.
Jason called at 1:00 in the morning and said the truck would be there at 1:30. We headed out to the farm. After we got there they said that it would be delayed again. A long story short, the truck didn't get their until 4:00 in the morning. They were worried that they would lose a lot of turkeys. This is our bishop's farm as well and Jason is his son.
Unloading the crates of turkeys. I was really hesitant at first to dump the turkeys out but soon learned to just kind of dump them out quickly. You have to be quick because it gets to hard to step through the pen without stepping on them. I think there were about 15,000 turkeys in this shipment. Suprisingly, they were all fine and probably didn't lose any more then normal.
I learned some interesting facts about turkeys. Turkeys can't see blue and they used to make blue equipment but were losing turkeys. They figured out that they couldn't see to eat. They are attracted to green. Also, if you take a chick in your hand and tuck its head into its wing it will go to sleep. Turkeys follow sound and see your shadow, so you have to keep walking through the pen or they will all pile up in the corner.
Matt and the bishop patiently waiting for the truck to arrive...
Right before the turkeys arrived I helped put out this green gel on plates. It is full of vitamins and helps hydrate the turkeys after the long trip. They like the sound of the plates and that also attracts them to the gel. It only took about an hour to unload all of them and Matt and I got home about 5:00 a.m. and went to sleep for an hour and got up and got ready for work. We really enjoyed helping. I feel I as blessed because I didn't really suffer with the lack of sleep through the week.

This is our first ride out this year. We are trying to get an early start in getting the horses ready for the big Gultch ride in the spring. We went out on the San Rafeal. My friend, Jolene, her boy, John Tyler, and Steve Roberts were going out to so we met them and rode together. Jolene had a really hard time loading her horse and I found out later, after we had been riding, that she sprang her ankle. Then my horse was acting up on the trail so I pulled him back to let the other horses go ahead of me. Jack's but knocked into Jolene's knee again injuring her. She was a little sore the next week at work but is such a trooper and loves to go as much as I do.
I learned some interesting facts about turkeys. Turkeys can't see blue and they used to make blue equipment but were losing turkeys. They figured out that they couldn't see to eat. They are attracted to green. Also, if you take a chick in your hand and tuck its head into its wing it will go to sleep. Turkeys follow sound and see your shadow, so you have to keep walking through the pen or they will all pile up in the corner.
This is our first ride out this year. We are trying to get an early start in getting the horses ready for the big Gultch ride in the spring. We went out on the San Rafeal. My friend, Jolene, her boy, John Tyler, and Steve Roberts were going out to so we met them and rode together. Jolene had a really hard time loading her horse and I found out later, after we had been riding, that she sprang her ankle. Then my horse was acting up on the trail so I pulled him back to let the other horses go ahead of me. Jack's but knocked into Jolene's knee again injuring her. She was a little sore the next week at work but is such a trooper and loves to go as much as I do.
2 comments:
Everytime I read your blog I am so impressed with how active your family is. You guys are always doing such great things. Jabin is so handsome!
I am still impressed that you're even upwardly mobile after doing everything you do! You amaze me! Your family is growing up too darn fast but those kids are beautiful - and so worth it. Keep the updates coming!
Post a Comment