Mar 20, 2011

The Vegas Strip

Dallas remembers a little bit about Vegas but Jabin and Hadden don't remember. When we came through Mesquite they couldn't believe all the lights and exicitment. I said, "Wait till you see Vegas." After I threatened that they won't be able to go down town if they weren't on their best behavior, they were so good and really had a good time down town as I showed the kids some of the sights. I showed them the roller coasters me and Matt have went on and even the Big Shot. They loved every minute and want to go back when we have more time.
Too bad they changed the Pirate Show at Treasure Island to a "not for kids show", it used to be a for sure stop. Jabin liked driving by and seeing the ships anyway though.

Watching a little magic at MGM on the way to see the lions.
Hadden Pearl got to fishing for her own pearl in a clam shell.
LOL! Sorry for this photograph, but she didn't even know what these glasses were.We were a little dissapointed that the lions were sleeping. I guess they sleep 11 hours a day. It was still fun to see them. They were doing some "save the lions" experiment and showing that they are not man eaters. So they had a man sleeping with them to show that they are friendly. Of course they are friendly when they are sound asleep!


M&M World! We got to see the 3D show where the m&m lost his m in Vegas gambling. I think I have seen this show a dozen times but it is still a fun tourist stop.


Lots of random people on the strip doing weird things with a container where you kindly give them money for entertaining you as you walk by. This guy seemed like he wasn't real but then moved in robotic ways. Kind of cool. I guess he was supposed to be Michael JaksonI thought I got a picture of the Elvis' but I guess I didn't. Wonder Women will do.



This guy was really interesting. We heard some loud noises and saw this guy with a sign by a money box that said "Turn me on." I thought he would humor a kid and I gave Dallas a quarter to put in the box. He simply made a squeak but didn't "turn on." I watched for a little while and decided I didn't want him to "turn on" and moved the kids along quickly.
The kids favorite was a little "bubble butt" in a store down town.
Rachel's beautiful back yard. The kids were dying to go swimming in the hot tub and Rachel was so sweet to turn it on. They even swam in the cold pool and had a great time.


2 comments:

Rachael said...

I was just down in that area on the strip 2 weekends ago and saw all the characters dressed up...I thought it was a bit strange. Some of them (Namely girl cop hookers) were totally rude to people who just wanted to take a picture as they walked by. When did the strip get those characters? Kind of weird!

Sarah said...

We have seen Michael Jackson and Elvis, but have somehow missed Wonder Woman! It was so good to see you!!! Can't you move back?