May 16, 2011

Moab Red Rock Relay 70 Miles

Finish line...sportin our medals and happy smiles. I was so lucky to be apart of the team this year. It worked out that they had an opening last minute and even though I hadn't been running (more biking and horse riding) I jumped at the chance to see these girls. I told them I would take the worst hills because I probably wouldn't be any help with speed or distance. So, night before the race we were trying to figure out which legs would be the worst hills according to the map they provided. I ended up trading legs with Sarah and Bekah thinking I was taking the harder hill. Well, we found out the map was WRONG! Poor Sarah got a straight up switch back mountain, what I was begging for. I had burnt my lungs on my first run so Sarah was helping by letting me have more of a brake. I felt horrible and that leg will haunt me until next year when we go back and I take it! I did however get to talk to some cute little volunteers from Monticello that knew my Aunt Judy and I got to tell them to tell her hi for me. I have learned that it is a must to drive the course and not rely on the rated map. I had such a great time and love these girls so much!! Can't wait to get together again.

Bekah, Emily, Erin, me, Rachel, and Sarah...Couch Kickers return to Red Rock!




At the starting line.





Cute Sisters, Sarah and Bekah.


Me and Erin with the Boston Marathon Runner, my dear friend, Rachel!




Bring on the rain!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ralaina, I am super impressed you ran this! Good for you! Kick the switchback's butt next year.

"M" Clan said...

Way to go Ralaina! You girls are such a great inspiration to me, you should be so proud of what you girls are accomplishing and enjoying together! xo